I may be grasping at straws here, but what the hay!! I just got a Cricut for Christmas. Can you say already obsessed? I especially love the way my husband says "Whoa," a la Joey from Blossom ('memba him?), whenever I finish a card. Maybe he's just being nice. I have to say, after I got my Cricut, I went online and ordered probably around 10 cartidges. I'm still waiting for a good number of them. I cannot stop myself! Now my husband has his new toy(surround sound) and I have mine(Cricut). I have been making cards for about a week and I tend to lean towards more modern looking designs. You would never know it from this submission! This is way more country, and I had my MIL in mind when I made this. She just loves roosters.
So, the My Pink Stamper Design Team Challenge is to earn one of two spots on Robyn's 2011 design team. Details are as follows:
Any Cricut Project using the following colors and your favorite cartridge:
4) Other color option of your choice
Here's my submission:
Just Because Cards (my favorite right now!)
Walk in my Garden
Cardstock and printed paper from Hobby Lobby and Walmart
Ribbon from Hobby Lobby
Studio G Glitter Glue from Michael's
3-D glue dots
Martha Stewart border punch 'Bubbles'
* Cut 6" card from the rooster card button on the Just Because Cards cartridge. The rooster is also cut at 6". I decided to keep the rooster's colors more on the traditional side. That is, in fact, brown on that rooster. It's not red as this picture depicts.
* Cut the black mat at 4-1/2" x 5-1/4" and the pink checkered mat at 5-1/4"x 3-3/4".
* Cut the green paper at 5-1/4" x 1-1/4" and punch a border on one side. I used Martha's Bubbles punch.
* Glue and assemble butterfly and rooster. When assembling the rooster, I used 3-d dots on the wing and on the middle parts of the tail. I kept regular glue on the part of the tail that connects to the body for a fuller layered effect.
* Glue mats on top of eachother and affix the ribbon. Using a 3-D glue dot, affix the butterfly. Using regular glue, affix the rooster flat against the card.
* I added a little flight trail for the butterfly with a sharpie and also added glitter glue to the pink parts of the butterfly.
Please forgive my photography skills. I know sometimes that makes all the difference, and I'm using and iphone for my pictures. I am having a wonderful time with my new obsession. The last time I was this obsessed with something was when I started playing piano and I haven't give that up in 24 years!
Thanks for stopping by!!