So, let's get down to business. I have to admit, I was totally stumped when we were given our themes. It should not have been hard for me because the theme was black + our favorite color. Hello! Black IS my favorite color! This should have been a piece of cake. I actually do have another favorite color, though, as you can see below. PURPLE!!! I knew I wanted to do something other than a card, although you could easily turn this into one.
Be prayerful. Be true. Be humble.
It's a picture frame! I even used Mod Podge for the first time. This was so easy. You wouldn't BELIEVE how easy it was. The hardest part was coming up with the idea, lol! Here's what I did:
1) First, I found this glass frame. This one is 7" x 5" but you can use wood or glass of ANY size. I measured the purple Damask paper to the exact size of the frame and used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the front of the frame.
2) Then, I cut the black frame from the Lacy Labels cartridge at 6.62" x 4" from my Gypsy and Expression.
3) I found this amazing purple foil paper at Michael's, cut it to fit the label and also embossed it with the Floral Fantasy Cuttlebug folder.
4) Next, I cut a cross shadow and layer at 3" from the Indie Art Cartridge. The shadow was cut in white and embossed with the D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug folder.
5) I glued all of the pieces down(except the black part of the cross) and added the purple gems.
6) Here's the fun part!! The sentiment! I arranged the My Pink Stamper- More Faithful Sayings stamps in a cross formation on my acrylic block and stamped it onto the black cross that I set aside. You can see which retailers have pre-orders for Robyn's fabulous new release stamp sets here. I love love LOVE! this stamp set!!
7) After the ink dried, I adhered the black cross to the white cross with 3-D glue dots and voila!! Done!
Now you have to go see what the amazing Edna has in store for you!!! Have fun hopping! :)
If you've lost your place, here's a list of the hoppers:
Shauna at Craftee She <----------THAT'S ME!